Manchester is a popular place for families to live thanks to a range of job opportunities in the local area. Furthermore, it also presents some wonderful educational institutions for kids. Today, we list the best schools in Manchester based on a series of factors. Check them out down below:
THE BEST PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN MANCHESTER
We have selected the three best primary schools in the Manchester area, based on Ofsted inspection ratings. The candidates are:
- Abbott Community Primary School – Livesey Street, Collyhurst, Manchester, M40 7PR
- Armitage CofE Primary School – Rostron Avenue, Ardwick, Manchester, M12 5NP
- Asbury Meadow Primary School – Rylance Street, Beswick, Manchester, M11 3NA
All three schools have earned an Outstanding inspection rating by Ofsted, which is the highest a school can achieve.
MANCHESTER’S BEST SECONDARY SCHOOLS
In this section, we’ve picked out a whole host of secondary schools in Manchester. Again, we have taken the Ofsted inspection ratings into account, but we have also looked at things such as the best schools in Manchester for academics or sports, etc.
- Abraham Moss Community School – Crescent Road, Crumpsall, Manchester, M8 5UF. This is one of the best schools for academics in the area. While others schools may achieve better GCSE results, they are either religious schools or single-gendered ones. Still, 54% of pupils achieved 4 or higher in their GCSEs, and the school scored a Good rating with Ofsted.
- Manchester Grammar School – Old Hall Ln, Manchester M13 0XT. An all-boys school, MSG is widely regarded as the best school in Manchester for sports enthusiasts. It features a wide range of sporting activities for kids to enjoy and has some of the best athletic facilities in the country. This is also seen as the best private school in the area for boys.
- Stretford Grammar School – Granby Rd, Stretford, Manchester M32 8JB. This school is seen as the best option for creativity in the area. It offers music, drama, DT, computing and many other creative subjects. More importantly, the school provides a host of extracurricular activities to fuel creativity and actively encourages students to partake in community projects.
- Withington Girl’s School – Wellington Rd, Fallowfield, Manchester M14 6BL. Located in the busy Fallowfield area of Manchester, Withington Girl’s School is the best private school for girls in the city. It boasts impressive grades for all students at GCSE and A-Level, alongside some incredible facilities. The school has ranked first for academic results in the North West, and it is suitable for pupils aged 7-18.
Finding The Best Schools In Manchester
Our list brings you some of the top schools in the area, however, it is still worth doing your research. You can learn more about all of the schools by clicking the links to their websites. You can always check a school’s Ofsted rating to see if it is well-maintained and looked after. If grades are your main sticking point, check to see the percentage of students achieving good grades at GCSE or A-Level. If you’re moving to Manchester, you can attend open days or receive private tours of all schools in the area, giving you more of an insight into how they operate.