Removals and Loading Insurance
Our professional team will always look after you and your items on the day of your move and we include our limited liability insurance as standard. For extra protection we also offer premium standard liability insurance for your items at 10% of the cost of the removal. This gives you extra peace of mind.
Limited Liability Insurance – Included as Standard
- If you have not provided us with a written valuation prior to work commencing, or you do not require us to apply Full Standard Liability, then our liability to you shall not exceed £40.00 per item.
- An item is defined as the entire contents of a box, carton or other container and any other object moved by us.
- For goods destined to or received from overseas: We will not be liable for loss or damage to goods which are seized, confiscated, removed or damaged by Customs Authorities or other Government Agencies, unless we have been negligent or in breach of contract.
- We do not accept liability for loss or damage to goods in certain overseas countries. We will advise you at the time of quotation if this exclusion applies.
- Owner packed goods not covered.
Standard Liability Insurance – 10% of your removal costs
- When you advise us of the value of your goods prior to work commencing and choose the full insurance option, our liability in the event of loss or damage will be determined up to a maximum of the declared value.
- A higher value may be agreed in writing before commencement of work and may incur an additional charge.
- In the event of loss or damage to your goods, our liability to you shall not exceed a sum equivalent to the repair or replacement of those goods, whichever is the lowest sum, up to a maximum of the declared value.
- Owner packed goods not covered unless we are negligent.
- Where an item is part of a pair or set, our liability to you is assessed as the cost of that item in isolation and not the cost of the item as part of a pair or set.
Please note that owner packed goods cannot be covered under our insurance unless we are found to be negligent.
You can see the packing services we offer here.
For a details of our insurance please download the Summary of Insurance.
Self Storage Insurance
Your goods have to be insured while they are in storage at the PODS self storage facility.
Insurance Cover while in Storage is available from PODS at £1.25 per week per £1000 cover. You will be required to declare the value of goods you are storing on your contract before the items are stored with PODS. If you have business insurance cover in place we can accept this cover.
If you have your own insurance in place please provide us with a copy prior to storage.
At present we cannot extend cover when items are stored on your property.
Self storage terms and conditions and full summary cover details can be downloaded here