Self Storage Insurance
Your goods have to be insured while they are in storage at the PODS self storage facility.
Insurance Cover while in Storage is available from PODS at £1.25 per week per £1000 cover. You will be required to declare the value of goods you are storing on your contract before the items are stored with PODS. If you have business insurance cover in place we can accept this cover.
If you have your own insurance in place please provide us with a copy prior to storage.
At present we cannot extend cover when items are stored on your property.
Self storage terms and conditions and full summary cover details can be downloaded here.
Loading, Unloading and Goods in Transit Insurance
Our professional team will always look after you and your items on the day of your move whether we are loading your items into storage or unloading into your new property. Our teams are all trained to BAR standards so you can be sure you are in safe hands.
The Removers’ and General Insurance Policy is an insurance policy for Removers to cover customers’ property against loss or damage whilst being moved and/or stored.
- When you advise us of the value of your goods prior to work commencing and choose the full insurance value, our liability in the event of loss or damage will be determined up to a maximum of the declared value.
- The value declared is the same for moving, transit and storage.
- A higher value may be agreed in writing before commencement of work and may incur an additional charge.
- In the event of loss or damage to your goods, our liability to you shall not exceed a sum equivalent to the repair or replacement of those goods, whichever is the lowest sum, up to a maximum of the declared value.
- Owner packed goods not covered unless we are negligent.
- Where an item is part of a pair or set, our liability to you is assessed as the cost of that item in isolation and not the cost of the item as part of a pair or set.
Where am I covered?
- Cover is in force while property is in the custody and control of the Remover (PODS) for transit and/or storage, subject to you declaring the value of your effects to the Remover.
- Law & Jurisdiction:
English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of Justice, England will apply.
Please note that owner packed goods cannot be covered under our insurance unless we are found to be negligent.
For a details of our insurance please download the Summary of Cover – PODS Removals & Storage