We have developed some helpful storage tips.
Click to download and print out our PODS Storage Tips and Checklist
- Create a list of all your items
- Protect items with moving pads, sheets or light blankets.
- Label boxes or containers on all sides.
- Consider clear plastic containers. Clear plastic containers allow you to see contents.
- Pack lighter boxes on top of heavier ones.
- Do not store any toxins or flammables.
- Do not store any food items.
- Ensure your belongings are insured at all times.
- Schedule delivery of your PODS containers (visit www.ukpods.co.uk or call 0161 300 9712).
- Apply furniture oil to wooden pieces before storing for added protection.
- Dismantle larger items such as tables, bed frames, etc. to save space and put screws and fittings in labelled bags.
- Put all hardware in bags and label accordingly.
- Use paper pads or bubble wrap when stacking furniture to prevent scratching.
- Original boxes for electronics are best. Otherwise pack items in bubble wrap, cushion foam, and even wadded up newspaper.
- Label corresponding cords and components by using colour coded stickers.
- Clean appliances well prior to storing.
- Leave doors opened slightly, to prevent mildew.
Pictures and Mirrors
- Wrap pictures that are small and stand them on end in boxes.
- For larger ones, buy special picture moving boxes.
- Always store mirrors or framed pieces on end, not flat.
Crystal, China, and Glassware
- Buy boxes designed for this with dividers.
- Wrap each item with paper or foam.
- Label these boxes as FRAGILE.
Clothing, Curtains, Drapes
- Use special wardrobe boxes or garment bags to hang items.
- Hang items on non-rusting hangers.
- Dresser drawers can be used to save space for storing smaller items.
- If storing wool items, use cedar chips and/or mothballs to prevent moth damage.
On-site storage with PODS
(Remember PODS Containers may be kept on-site at your location or in our Storage Centre)
If you would like your container storing on your driveway please ensure you have a 12ft wide opening and no overhanging cables or trees.
When delivery or collection is due, please ensure nothing is blocking the entrance to your drive
For more information on available packaging supplies, please visit our Packaging Section where you can order whatever you need for delivery to your home.